Tuesday, June 14, 2011

out of necessity

Yeah, I love being crafty. I have to admit it usually comes out of necessity. Three kids, three cats (one with diabetes), a toad, a house, two cars, and husband and me on one income? It means I have to figure out a solution on the cheap!

So here was the scenario- where is the stinking remote control??? I often wonder if it grew legs. It has no dedicated home, just somewhere high enough so the one-year-old "pretty girl" can't reach it but low enough that six-year-old "big guy" and three-year-old "tiny skinny man" can reach it.

Enter my Mommy brain. What do I have? This-

Sweet, I can turn it into this-

Here is how I did it. I started with a long skinny box and cut it to the desired height. I ripped (yes, literally) a page from an old atlas and mod podged it to the box. Then I hand stamped "CLICK" onto a washer and tied it to the box with cotton twine. I attached it to the wall next to the recliner (at perfect height) using two nails. Easy peasy.



http://www.lovemiabow.com/

Tip Junkie handmade projects

5 comments:

  1. Love using the atlas page to cover the box. This would make a fun father's day gift, my husband loves maps!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Christina
    www.inspirationforcelebration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany, thanks for leaving the sweet comment about my silly yellow chair. How did you find my blog? So glad you did, first thing tomorrow morning I'm going to be taking a look through yours. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such a crafty mama. Love everything you are doing with the maps, the baby wipes and especially stamping your washers. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just too cute and what a great idea. We have the same problem here. I tend to walk off with it and I don't know why. Distracted by all the kids I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute and nifty idea! Love it!
    Thank you so much for your sweet comment on my blog! :)
    xoxo from Germany,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete