Monday, June 20, 2011

i. love. coupons.

I'm that annoying person in front of you in the checkout line with 50 coupons that won't scan correctly. It never fails when I'm going on a big couponing day, something will go wrong. It took me 45 minutes to check out at Walgreens yesterday. We had a really bad storm and it had scrambled their computers. Manufacturer coupons were scanning correctly but not their own Walgreens coupons. Usually Walgreens coupons aren't cents off but more of price adjusters. Poor cashier had to void the entire thing and start over, manually overriding each Walgreen coupon. I felt like one of those crazy coupon people, but knowing in my mind I was doing everything by the book and not at all shady. Just normal use of coupons but you second guess yourself. I hit Kmart as well since they were doubling manufacturer's coupons up to 99 cents. A serious couponer's dream! So here is my haul for the day-


Here is what I ended up getting-
4 boxes of cookies (travel size, we are road tripping soon!)
2 containers of raisins
9 rolls of aluminum foil (never expires, cost only 18 cents total!)
4 bottles of body wash
12 small cans of tomato sauce (we make our own pizza sauce with this as a base)
4 rolls of paper towels
2 packs of paper plates
6 hamburger helpers
2 cake mixes (Tiny Skinny Man's birthday is next week)
2 cake frostings
8 cans of chili (I'll share my Superbowl Dip recipe with you in the fall)
12 chocolate bars

total-
67 items
retail cost $98.64
I paid $32.98 after tax :)
66% savings

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to find your blog. You have great, simple projects. I'm afraid I'm too lazy to follow you into the great couponing adventure though, but I am amazed at your savings.

    ReplyDelete