Tuesday, June 7, 2011

nursery makeover

Another late post...the nursery makeover. We were on the fence as to whether this house was for us....to buy or not to buy....that was the question. We had a nine month old baby boy, we were renting a duplex that we were quickly outgrowing, we were ready to spread our wings and fly. We saw tons of houses (pretty sure we toured Freddy Krueger's), nothing jumped at us (except that frog in the one with the wet basement). We found our home when we saw the 2nd bedroom had an airplane theme, it was a sign. Airplanes were the theme for our life (that's a story for another day). I knew before we even got pregnant the first time our nursery would be airplane themed. And so it was. Then we found the house with the airplane bedroom. SOLD.

Fast forward 5 years...two boys had been in that airplane nursery and we were expecting baby #3. I said from day one it would be a girl. No one believed me since I thought boy #2 was a girl too, heehee. But, our oldest son agreed with me from day one. We were right :). The second I found out we were having a girl I was decorating in my mind. I wanted super girly. I wanted frill and foo foo and lace. I wanted pink and fluff and tulle and roses. My poor husband.

So that wonderful airplane room had to be *gasp* painted. Pink. I made covers for the rocking chair, a cornice, tie backs for the curtains, a lampshade, a bolster pillow. My husband and our neighbor laid new carpet, painted the room pink and white, added a chair rail, replaced the closet doors and considered strangling a bossy pregnant lady (at least I'm pretty sure they wanted to by the look on their faces).

It turned out so beautiful. Here is the before with some spackle-



Here is the after in all its glorious pink-ness-


The canopy over the crib was a pottery barn knockoff made by a friend of mine, love it!!


Transformation Thursday

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love pink!! It is sooo sweet. Thanks for your sweet comment on my door!

    ReplyDelete